We started with nine.  We are down to three.

Monday night, I slept on the floor in the puppy room . . . . well, cat-napped. 

Whining awoke me at 1 a.m., so when I went in to check on them, “Zeus” was seizing.  There were no vets opened at that time and I sure didn’t want him lying there for five more hours like that, so I did what anybody else would do.

I got a big, over-sized blanket for me to sit/lay on and a towel to wrap him up and held  him in my arms for until 5:45 a.m.

“Zeus” rested in my arms all night long while I sang to him. 

As soon as I sat down with Zeus, his siblings came running.

This is a horrible picture, but I wanted to catch the moment of sweetness of them cuddled around their brother.

Zeus is in the white blanket lying in my arms.  Pickles is on top with his head drooping over.  Bear is the one with the black nose just at my fingertips and the one at the bottom of the screen . . . . we are calling “Sunshine.”  I couldn’t remember all the names, so the ones I couldn’t remember I gave nicknames.  ğŸ™‚  We call her Sunshine because she, so far, has never stopped being our ray of hope and excitement.

With every seizure, I sang.  He would look at me with those gorgeous eyes as if he knew I was doing everything in my power to bring him comfort in his last hours.  When I fell asleep and he started seizing, the tremors would wake me, and I would start singing again.

Bear moaned and groaned all night, and was very restless, but he had no seizures.  As I was leaving to take Zeus in the vet at 6 a.m., Bear had his first seizure. 

Both were taken in and are now out of pain. 

Today there are three puppies playing in the “sick puppy room.”

They are eating wet puppy food now, as well as enjoying scrambled eggs several times a day, Chicken Noodle Soup, and Gatorade!  The vet said Chicken Noodle Soup and Gatorade are the best to feed them right now, so that is what they are getting!

A few days ago, I seemed to feel I had lost all hope of any of them surviving.  

Today, while trying to not set myself up for major disappointment, I can’t help but have a glimmer of hope and excitement . . . . especially when I walk in the room and “Mr. Pickles” runs up and bites my big toe!  

Hearing them barking and yapping is a much, much better sound than whining and crying!

Pray for these babies.  As of this time, we have been 32 hours with no seizures.